This global financial services firm is a leading provider of mutual funds and other financial products and services to millions of individuals and institutions. It has a large and complex IT infrastructure comprising hundreds of legacy and new applications and databases. The client previously completed a (DLP) implementation and had an understanding of what data needed to be secured. Audit requirements and client business need mandated a solution to virtualize and mask customer data in non-production environments.
- Client needed a highly automated and scalable masking and virtualization solution that could accommodate the client’s large number of databases and files. The solution had to address complex data sharing and data integrity requirements.
- Client needed to securely share data to build new applications to support the business.
- Client needed a solution to support more than 1,000 developers/testers and other IT resources working in the numerous non-production environments
Axis developed a highly automated, self-service test data provisioning solution utilizing Delphix Virtualization and Delphix Masking. It was then integrated into the client’s existing IT environment and met all the required security standards. This solution significantly increased the efficiency of the existing development process, virtualizing and masking hundreds of databases and files. The secure data was delivered to users via a self-service portal using ServiceNow to manage approvals and workflows.
The Axis Data Virtualization and Masking solution delivered outstanding results:
- Client was able to rapidly virtualize and mask over 250 databases in less than a year
- Stakeholders were able to implement virtualization and masking for their non-production data needs on- demand
Over 1,000 developers/testers were working in development, testing and other non-production environments, making coordination and integration critical factors for the solution’s success